Armed with the amazing ability to decrease in size, but at the same time have high strength, the fraudster Scott Lang should become a hero and help his mentor, Dr. Hank Pym, to keep in secret the existence of Ant-Man suit from the threats of the new generation.
The more you know
- Adrien Brody expressed his interest in the role of Ant-Man.
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt was considered to play the role of Ant-Man.
- Inspiring factors in the creation of a helmet of the Ant-Man were Iron Man and transformer Bumblebee helmets.
- Director Edgar Wright, who is a big fan of the Ant-Man, in 2003 proposed Marvel to shoot a movie. From that time he began to work on the film, he invited actors and was very close to start shooting. However, in 2014 he left the project due to creative differences between the studio and Marvel.
- Initially, the film was to focus on the first Ant-Man, Hank Pym. However, the filmmakers felt that the history of Pym can be perceived negatively (this character was suffering from a split of personality), and instead decided to focus on Pym’s successor, Scott Lang, while Pym was given a secondary role of a mentor.
- The film has been in development since the late 1980s. Stan Lee, the creator of Ant-Man, has offered to make a film to studio New Line Entertainment, but they felt that this story is similar to the plot of the film Honey, I Shrunk the Kids (1989). As a result, the project languished on the shelf for two decades.
- When a character of the Wasp, Hank Pym’s wife, was still in the script, this role was considered for Rashida Jones.
- Jessica Chastain refused to play the main female role, Hope Van Dine, because of inconsistencies in the shooting schedule.
- Adam McKay, Ruben Fleischer, Rawson Marshall Thurber, Nicholas Stoller, David Wayne and Michael Dausa were considered for the role of director.
- Patrick Wilson could play in this film, but he had to leave the project because of inconsistency of shooting schedule.
- Sean Bean, Pierce Brosnan and Gary Oldman were considered for the role of Hank Pym.
The premiere will take place on July 17, 2015.