Release date: May 13, 2015
Shortly after revenge for the death of his wife and son, Max Rockatansky left the “Main Force Patrol” and went into the wilderness, where he wandered alone, while the world slowly falls due to the oil crisis and the global war. With nothing but his car “Interceptor”, Max has to learn how to survive in a post-apocalyptic wasteland, and to fight violent, ruthless warriors who inhabit it.
Did you know:
- Sam Worthington and Eric Bana denied rumors of their involvement in the shooting of the film, despite the widespread dissemination of this information in the network.
- Events are moving shortly before the events of the movie “Mad Max 2” (1981).
- Liam Fountain try out for the part of Max. He played in the short film “Mad Max – Renegade” (2011).
- Shoot began in July 2012 in Namibia, nearly eighteen months after the scheduled date.
- In February 2013, “The Namibian steering group to preserve the coast” accused the producers in the damaging parts of the Namib Desert, which led to a reduction in the number of species of plants and animals.
- Jeremy Renner wanted to play the main role.
- Charlize Theron shaved bald for the role in the movie.
- The shooting almost began in 2003 in Namibia. The project was suspended for security reasons, after the United States tightened the conditions of transportation and limited opportunity to travel to the region. After the war in Iraq, the project was shelved.
- Initially, the casting sheet included Teresa Palmer, but she was forced to leave the project because of production delays. She was substituted by Abby Lee.
- Courtney Eaton substituted Edeleyd Clemens.